Construction Equipment Operator. Job Description - Ottenweller Contracting LLC.
Summary: The Equipment Operator will operate heavy machinery for construction, demolition, or excavation projects.
• Operates construction, excavation, hauling, and maintenance equipment including backhoes, front-end loaders, bulldozers, excavators, or cranes.
• Prepares construction sites for building, demolition, or excavation, and moves structures.
• Uses excavating machinery to dig holes and trenches used in structural concrete.
• Transports tools and other construction equipment to and from construction sites.
• Uses equipment to prepare building sites for exterior site concrete such as driveways, sidewalks, and loading docks.
• Operates machinery used to build, roads, wastewater treatment plants, and water treatment plants.
• Inspects and fuels vehicle prior to beginning shift.
• Performs routine maintenance and repairs.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with Experience and depending on the specific project worked on. Required
• Extensive knowledge of heavy machinery operation and capabilities.
•Ability to read building plans related to structural concrete and land grades.
• Excellent mechanical skills.
• Ability to follow instructions. Education and Experience:
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Vocational school training or apprenticeship preferred.
• Prolonged periods of operating heavy machinery.
• Able to work long periods including evenings and weekends when necessary.
• Must be able to operate machinery in all weather conditions and terrains.
• Must be able to lift 25 pounds at times.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.