Construction Superintendent. Job Description - Ottenweller Contracting LLC.
The Construction Superintendent oversees all phases of the construction project.
• Interviews and hires site workers.
• Approves timecards and requests for time off.
• Prepares work schedules and assignments.
• Communicates and enforces safety procedures and site rules.
• Develops a schedule and cost-effective plan for completion of an assigned project.
• Collaborates with other staff to create preconstruction estimates and budgets for materials and labor.
• Coordinates and schedules the work activities of tradespeople, professionals, and laborers, communicating to and via project foreperson to deliver instructions and project assignments as appropriate.
• Regularly inspects work for quality and timeliness; prepares and provides progress reports to owners and architects; makes recommendations for necessary modifications.
• Collaborates with architect, engineer, and other pertinent stakeholders to ensure specifications, zoning requirements, and other regulations are met.
• Ensures specifications and regulations outlined in architectural and engineering plans are followed.
• Obtains required permits and licenses; executes construction contracts according to terms of agreement.
• Maintains records related to costs and inventory.
• Monitors budget throughout the project and communicates variances as they occur.
• Addresses any safety violations or other deficiencies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with Experience and depending on what project worked on.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Ability to oversee and coordinate a variety of people in different roles.
• Extremely detail oriented.
• Ability to read, understand, and execute blueprints, drawings, and plans.
• Thorough understanding of legal requirements relating to construction and building sites.
• Thorough understanding of quality building practices.
• Ability to quickly identify problems and efficiently solve them.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• At least four years’ experience in building trade required.
• Must be able to access and navigate all areas of the construction site in all types of weather.
• Must be able to lift 40 pounds at a time.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.