Concrete Carpenter. Job Description - Ottenweller Contracting LLC.
Summary: The Construction Carpenter will build, erect, install, and repair forms, structures, and other fixtures made from wood and other materials as needed to assist with various types of construction projects.
• Measures, marks, and arranges materials to established layout based on blueprints or instructions from supervisors.
• Cuts and shapes structures, forms, or other fixtures from wood, plastic, fiberglass, or drywall.
• Uses various hand and power tools to securely build assigned projects.
• Joins materials with the most appropriate nail, screw, staple or adhesive.
• Ensures accuracy of work by checking completed projects with tools such as levels, surveying equipment, or framing squares; corrects problems as needed.
• Creates wooden forms for pouring concrete or for tunnels, bridges, or sewer construction projects.
• Erects and dismantles scaffolding.
• Adheres to local building and safety codes and guidelines.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with Experience and depending on the specific project worked on.
• Ability to understand directions and read blueprints.
• Ability to solve mathematical problems quickly and accurately.
• Ability to properly care for and use tools of the trade.
• Thorough understanding of carpentry principles and methods.
• Works well as part of team.
Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Successful completion of vocational school or technical college or apprenticeship program; OR at least three years of experience on-the-job training required.
• Prolonged periods of standing, climbing, and kneeling.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds at a time.
• Must be able to safely work with sharp tools or power equipment.
• Must be able to work in a variety of weather conditions and terrains.
• Must have manual dexterity, a good sense of balance, and excellent hand-eye coordination.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.