Construction Laborer. Job Description - Ottenweller Contracting LLC.
Summary: The Construction Laborer performs a wide range of physical labor tasks in support of workers on the construction site.
• Assists skilled workers as assigned. This may include jobs such as demolition, carrying lumber, or construction.
• Unloads materials that are delivered such as lumber or bags of cement and distributes them to appropriate locations as identified by supervisor, project plans, or specifications.
• Prepares layout area where construction will take place by properly measuring, marking, or recording openings or distances.
• Prepares tools and materials for skilled workers such as mixing cement or preparing pipe for installation.
• Cleans and prepares specific areas of jobsite as assigned. This may include digging trenches; erecting concrete forms and scaffolding; cleaning up rubble, debris and trash; or removing excess materials.
• Operates a wide variety of hand and power tools.
• Directs traffic near, in, or around work zones.
• Have clean MVR and valid driver’s license
• Motions equipment operator to assist with alignment, movement, or adjustment of machinery, equipment, or materials.
• Cleans jobsite at the end of the day, ensuring trash is properly disposed of and materials or equipment are properly stored.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Assist in mechanical pipe assembly.
• Help to install sewer line pipe and trench work.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Competitive and Commensurate with Experience and depending on what specific project worked on. Qualifications:
• Ability to listen to, understand, and follow directions.
• Ability to remain flexible as specific assignments change.
• Ability to work with a variety of personalities.
• Ability to perform basic arithmetic as needed to count and take inventory. Education and Experience:
• High School Diploma or equivalent required.
• Prior job experience is preferred.
• Must have physical strength, balance, hand-eye coordination, and stamina necessary to complete jobs in various areas.
• Must be able to lift and carry up to 80 pounds and push and/or pull 50-pound loads at a time.
• Must be able to work in all weather conditions.
• Must be able to stand and walk up to eight house per day and climb multiple sets of stairs while carrying materials weighing between 40 and 60 pounds.
• Must be able to work some Saturdays and at night, when needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.